The government has issued a notification regarding Revised Rental Ceiling for Hiring Federal Govt Employees in 2021. So, the ministry of works has issued a notification F.4(8)/92-Policy.
However, the government has issued it on 28-09-2021. Before that, the employees have started this process a long time ago. Now they have won the race.
Revised Rental Ceiling for Hiring Federal Govt Employees in 2021
In addition, this is only issued for specific cities mentioned in this notification. Therefore, all employees are still protesting to increase house rent allowance. They are getting house rent allowance frozen in 2008.
In other words, the federal government has enhanced the rental ceiling with effect from 01-07-2021. So, the ministry of works has revised the rental ceiling for specified stations as Islamabad, Rawalpindi, Quetta, Peshawar, Lahore, and Karachi.
|BPS||Existing Rental Ceiling||Revised Rental Ceiling|
|Islamabad||Specified Stations||Islamabad||Specified Stations|
|1-2||Rs. 4881||Rs. 4577||Rs. 7029||Rs. 6591|
Terms and Conditions for Rental Ceiling:
- All cases of fresh hiring (rent ceiling).
- Cases where the allotted/occupant is obliged to pay the difference of rent to the owner out of his own resources. In such a case the rent may be increased up to the owner’s demand (indicated at the time of hiring) or the allotted/occupant’s revised rental ceiling whichever is less.
- Cases of houses hired under Rule 8(i) of the Accommodation Allocation Rules, 2002 or Mk Housing and Works’ 0.M No. 2(3)/2003-Policy dated 31-07-2004 of which lease has expired. The lease agreement may be executed with the owner as per the current rental assessment of the house or the occupant’s revised rental ceiling or the owner’s demand, whichever is less.
- Cases of houses hired under Rule 9(i) of the Accommodation Allocation Rules, 2002 on a self-hiring basis: In such a case, the existing rent of the house may be increased up to the revised rental ceiling of the allotted/occupant or the rental assessment of the house whichever is less.
- Rent Ceilings Revised Notification of Finance Department KPK
- PM Summary for 50% Enhancement of HR Allowance and Rental Ceiling
- In cases of requisitioned houses, the above rental ceilings may also be applied, mutatis-mutandis otherwise qualifying for an increase in rent/compensation in accordance with the relevant rules/instructions.
Prior permission of the Government, the revised rental ceilings benefits will be permissible on the expiry of the current lease agreement only.
- Above all, they have issued existing instructions on the subject from time to time. So, it will remain in force with the above modifications.
- At last, All the (Ministries/ Divisions/ Attached Department/ Subordinate) offices will meet the increased expenditure. If these are out of their respective budgetary allocations. Similarly, no additional funds will be allowed to them for this purpose during the financial year (2021-2022).
- This issues with the concurrence of Finance Division vide their O.M No. 4(9) R-14/2007, dated 24-08-2021 and Cabinet Division No. F. 31/CM/2021-D, dated 24-09-2021.